2- On the Champagne and Burgundy wine routes
Dijon-Reims (4 days)
This itinerary will delight lovers of good wine, good food and great culture. There is a huge choice of things to do, including wine routes, visits to wine cellars, walks through the vines, doing nothing in particular and cultural events.
Dijon, Capital of Burgundy.
If you love great wines, fine food, art and architecture, you’ll love Dijon! A city of arts boasting an exceptional historic heritage, business center, an internationally renowned center for fine food and wine, Dijon is also the gateway to the famous Côte de Nuits vineyards.
Not to miss:
- Dijon Côte de Nuits Pass: guided tours, local sights, wine tastings, special discounts in shops… the easy way to try everything!
- The antiques district, museums, art galleries, a contemporary art center … whatever your interests, Dijon has a wide range of fascinating places to visit!
- Follow the "Route des Grands Crus" wine trail and sample the regional dishes of Burgundy… Let your taste buds be your guide!
Located mid-way between northern and southern Europe, Dijon is easy to get to:
- By train: TGV from Paris (1 hour 45 mins), Lausanne (2 hours 10 mins), Reims (3½ hours).
- By car: Paris: 300 km (186 miles), Reims: 300 km (186 miles), Lyon: 190 km (118 miles), Geneva: 200 km (124 miles), Brussels: 530 km (329 miles).
Contact: Dijon Tourisme - Tel: + 33 (0)892 700 558
City of the coronations of French kings, Capital of Champagne… Reims unveils the traditions of its glorious past and plunges you into the universe of champagne: the world's most celebrated wine for festive occasions.
Don't miss: The UNESCO World Heritage sites: Cathedrale Notre-Dame, Saint-Remi Basilica and Museum, Tau Palace; the world-famous producers of champagne and their vineyards.
• Audio-guided tours: city tour, the cathedral, Art deco, Saint-Remi Basilica and Museum.
• France's leading center for fine food and wine.
• The prestigious world-famous champagne producers, the charm of the Champagne vineyards.
• Two must-see events: the Fêtes Johanniques (Joan of Arc festival, June) and the Flâneries Musicales d’Eté (Jazz and classical music festival, June-July).
- By train: TGV from Paris-Gare de l’Est: 45 mins.
- By Road: from Calais: 2½ hours (A26).
Contact: Tel. +33 (0)892 701 351 www.reims-tourisme.com