Alsatian apple pie
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 400 g (14 ounces) pie dough
- 4 apples (Boskoop, preferably)
- 2 eggs – 10 cl cream (1/2 cup)
- 10 cl (1/2 cup) milk
- 100 g (4 ounces) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 210 °C (thermostat 7 – 410 °F).
- Place the dough in a pie dish that has been buttered or lined with waxed paper and prick it with a fork.
- Slice the apples and arrange them on the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the custard by mixing the cream, milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla sugar.
- Pour the mixture onto the pie after baking, then brown again in the oven.
Most suitable wine