Tarte Flambée (Flammeküeche)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) bread dough
- 2 onions – 60 g (2 ½ oz)
- Smoked bacon (small pieces)
- A bit of butter
-20 cl (6 oz) thick crème fraîche
- 20 cl (6 oz) fromage blanc (soft white cheese)
- 1 tablespoon colza oil
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 270 °C (thermostat 9 – 520 °F).
- Slice the onions thinly and brown them in a pan with the butter.
- Remove the onions from the pan and fry the bacon in it for a few minutes, without adding fat.
- Mix the cream, the fromage blanc, the onions and the bacon bits. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Roll the dough in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Cover the dough with the mixture of fromage blanc / onions / bacon and pour a tablespoon of oil over.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Please note: this recipe may be made with grated Swiss cheese, fresh mushrooms or Munster cheese.
Most suitable wine
Riesling, Pinot Blanc or Sylvaner