Discover the cultural sites come nightfall
Experience some of the most beautiful sites through a different set of eyes, by spotlight or candlelight.
From the abbey at Mont-Saint-Michel, where calm and serenity reign during daytime, admire an unforgettable sunset.
In the Loire Valley, shadows and reflections, music and lights help enhance the ambiance at chateaux hosting delightful evening celebrations:
- at Azay-le-Rideau, for example, jugglers, horseback riders and goose trainers await you for an Enchanted Mirror soirée.
- Relive the feasts of the Renaissance in Chenonceau, which turns 500 this year and celebrates magic each summer with sumptuous festivities.
- In the gardens of Valençay, costumed comedians and musicians bring us back to the time of Talleyrand.
- In Chaumont-sur-Loire, wander around the Light Gardens, their aura amplified by hundreds of strategically placed LED lights; Friday nights are Magical Nights, when the gardens welcome Fireflies.
- Stroll through the candlelit gardens of Villandry during the Night of a Thousand Lights.
More venues, more one-of-a-kind mystifying moods..
In front of the Brittany Parliament in Rennes, embark on a silly and poetic digital journey.
Spend a romantic evening at Château Vaux-le-Vicomte, softened by some 2000 candles and the sound of sweet classical music.
Lose yourself in Le Mans' Cité Plantagenêt for the Night of the Chimeras, and look at the Besançon Citadel from a different perspective after having witnessed its uniquely poetic ambulatory show.
At sunset, partake in a guided stroll followed by dinner in the enchanting setting of Avignon's Palais des Papes.
Then, after nightfall, fall under the spell of the contemporary artworks displayed at the Nantes - Saint-Nazaire Estuary.