10 reasons to choose France for your next event
1. The second European economic power
- France hosts 18 international clusters (#1 in Agriculture and Food, Pharmaceutical and Aeronautics in Europe).
- 35 of the 500 largest world companies such as, L’Oréal, Total and Sanofi have their headquarters in Paris.
2. An easy access
- Direct flights from 20 US cities to Paris as well as from NYC to Nice and Marseille.
- New Direct flights from the US to Saint-Martin, Martinique and Guadeloupe.
- Charles de Gaulles Airport: Europe's #2 airport in terms of traffic with 61+ million passengers.
3. A diversity of hotels
- Over 612,000 hotel rooms.
- New hotel classification to meet international criteria: 150 5-star hotels & 12 palaces as well as 4,700 3-star & 4-star hotels.
- More than 10 new major Hotels are opening in 2013
4. A great variety of venues
- 120 convention centers, 80 exhibition centers.
- Many unique and original infratructures to organize your event such as, Le Grand Palais in Paris and Vaux le Vicomte Castle...
5. Plenty of unique incentive activities
- Adventurous and relaxing activities, fashion and shopping...
- For example Visit of the Chocolate museum in Paris, Christian Dior’s Maison de Haute Couture, wine route in Alsace, cooking classes with Michelin-star chefs (such as Alain Ducasse) and paragliding in Aix-en-Provence.
6. A wide range of events
- Sport events, tradeshows, festivals and exhibitions ... a large range of fabulous events all year round.
- For example the Light Festival in Lyon, the Tour de France, the Cannes Film Festival, the Fashion week and the Paris Air Show...
7. The world’s finest gastronomy
- Over 365 distinct types of French cheese.
- 647 Michelin guide restaurants.
- 5,000 wine cellars for wine testing.
- Each destination has its own culinary specialties influenced by their neighboring countries.
8. A strong heritage to discover through culture
- After a meeting or an incentive, take advantage of 1,000 castles, abbeys, manors, churches, 4,000 museums and 38 sites/cities listed as part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
9. Nature in all its forms
- Water: Over 2,100 miles of coast, beautiful resort cities as Biarritz
- Mountains: The “Mont Blanc”, the highest mountain in Europe with its 15,700+ feet high,
- Cities: 2,000-year-old Marseille:oldest city in France, Lyon: capital of gastronomy …
- Landscapes: highest dune in Europe near Bordeaux, “Dune du Pilat”: 330 feet high,
- 12 French overseas territories, including Saint-Martin, Martinique and Guadeloupe in the French Carribean.
10. A dedicated team to help you organize your events
- Atout France and the Meetings & Incentives department are here to help you in your way to get to France. We provide free and impartial guidance in the organization of your events. We are the key contact for US meeting planners and we work closely with the French suppliers (hotels, Convention Bureaus, DMCs…).
- Meet with us at Atout France's new Market Place, France Meeting Hub happening in Marseille
Let us surprise you !
For more information please contact:
Manager, Meeting & Incentive
Tel : 1 212 745 0961