Visit the Château of Aulteribe
A new display of an outstanding collection
The Château d’Aulteribe is acknowledged as one of the best and most sumptuously furnished noble residences in France. It features some superb works of art such as the portrait of Cardinal Richelieu by Philippe de Champaigne, Flemish and Aubusson tapestries, porcelain etc.
The furniture collection includes pieces by the finest cabinet-makers of the 17th and 18th century. This tradition is kept alive at the Château d’Aulteribe today in the workshops which train cabinet-makers and restore items from the collection.
The new display highlights the Château’s finest pieces and visitors can wander freely through the rooms for a more intimate encounter with the spirit of Aulteribe.
ReceptionSubject to modification.
- 15th May to 15th September: from 10 a.m. to noon and from 2 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- 16th September to 14th May: from 10 a.m. to noon and from 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Mondays from 16 September to 14 May
- 1st January, 1st May, 1st November, 11th November and 25th December
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 1
- Park accessible with assistance
- Guided tour:
Reservations: 10 days
Duration: 1 hr
- Maximum group size without splitting up: 20 maximum (possibility of several departures one after the other)
- Seating available in park
- Gift shop
- Parking for coaches 300 m
- Adults: 7,50 €
- Concessions: 4,50 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 6 €
- Main road between Saint-Etienne and Clermont-Ferrand, 11 km south-west of Thiers
- From Saint-Étienne: A72, exit 2, Courpière to D44
- From Clermont-Ferrand: RN89 to D223, Courpière
tel.: (33) (0)4 73 53 14 55
fax: (33) (0)4 73 53 14 21