Visit Le Havre
Le Havre is not only famous since it is the main seaport for Paris and has a good location for visiting Normandy, but is also a center of interest for its visitors.
If you want to spend your time and get a sense of history from this many-faceted place, it is important that you explore and visit the seaside resort of Sainte-Adresse, feel the medieval ambiance of Harfleur and Montivilliers, enjoy the unique freshness of the Hanging Gardens, know and get knowledge about the city’s trading traditions in Shipowner’s house or appreciating the modern structural designs which is the reason why Le Havre became part of the UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites – if you can ignore the beauty of the beach and seafront promenade combined with the alluring café terraces.
The marine metropolis of Le Havre – a vacation stop you will wish to come back again!
- Jacques Vabre Transatlantic Race (October - Odd years): departure of monohulls and multihulls.
- Fête de la Scie - Medieval event (end of March - beginning of April - Harfleur): medieval celebration in the city centre of Harfleur
- Exhibition on the beach huts (from May to September - Le Havre): exhibition on the beach huts all along the seafront promenade
- Dixie days (end of May - Sainte-Adresse): Jazz festival along the beach
- Les Z'estivales (from the beginning of July to the end of August): every weekend, on the beach in Le Havre: events, street art, gigs, open air circus shows, wandering shows, workshops ...
- Corsiflor (the third Sunday of August): procession of flower-decked floats in the streets of the city centre of Le Havre.
- Sea Festival (first Weekend of september): events and celebration revolving around one theme: the Sea. In the neighbourhood of Le Havre: Saint François.
- MuMa Exhibitions : several exhibitions in the Musée d'Art moderne André Malraux the first impressionist collection of France outside Paris
Come to Le Havre
- By car: Paris (A13), Amiens (A29).
- By train: Paris (2h).
- By plane: Le Havre airport, Deauville airport (42 km), Beauvais airport (170 km) ; Paris airports (Orly 205 km - Roissy 215 km).
- By boat: Le Havre - Portsmouth
Office de Tourisme du Havre
186 boulevard Clemenceau
76059 Le Havre Cedex - France
Tél.: 00 (33)2 32 74 04 04 - Fax: 00 (33)2 35 42 38 39