Rendez-vous in Périgueux
The people of Perigueux have welcomed two time-trials in their city that already linked them to Bergerac, in 1961 and 1994.
They also had the opportunity of seeing the pack go by in 2007.
As the breakaway group went through the city, they certainly weren't expecting great things from a bruised and battered Sandy Casar who had hit a dog just after the start in Cahors.
But once in Angoulême, the rider, used the second positions, finally conquered his very first stage on the Tour de France, eventually beating Axel Merckx, Laurent Lefèvre and Michael Boogerd to the line.
- Gallo-roman tower in Vésone,
- Remains of the Roman amphitheatre,
- Mataguerre tower,
- Château Barrière from the XII century,
- Saint-Front Cathedral,
- Church of Saint-Étienne-de-la-Cité,
- Gallo-Roman museum of Vesunna.