Rhône-Alps Tourism, Spas and thermal baths in the region of « blue gold »
At the borders of Switzerland and Italy, the Rhône-Alpes region is France’s largest freshwater reservoir. From the legendary Mont Blanc to the mythical Pont d’Arc of the Gorges de l’Ardèche, rivers, lakes, glaciers and thermal waters refresh both body and soul, filling you with a feeling of soothing harmony. Choose from among the destinations of Rhône-Alpes Tourism which include more than 150 balneotherapy spas and 16 thermal baths spread throughout the heart of the Alpine mountains, towns and cities, lakes or vineyards, to re-discover vitality and wellbeing!
NEW FOR 2013
• Special site for tour operators and travel agents: http://traveltrade.rhonealpes-tourisme.com (FR/EN)
• Development of aqua activity centres with stunning spa areas: Avoriaz, Val-Thorens, Courchevel
• Web TV dedicated to hydrotherapy and fitness (in French): www.balineae.tv
Spa - Balneotherapy
• 176 spa hotels from 3*** to 5*****
Several tourist residences, mainly in the mountains with comprehensive spa facilities. Well-being offer in gîtes and bed & breakfasts
• 17 spa hotels, 18 set amidst vineyards or lavender fields, 8 in cities (including Lyon), 133 in the mountains (legendary Alpine ski stations: Courchevel and more)
From Evian to Megève, from Vals to Brides, the spas of the Rhône- Alpes region are developing innovative concepts: the application of ointments made from alpine plants like edelweiss, exclusive to the Sibuet group (Megève, Lyon, Val Thorens).
Let your body be pampered with a gourmet menu created by three-star chef Emmanuel Renaud in Megève. Others may elect for exoticism with warming shell massages like in Val d’Isère, or the unique mineral world of polar baths or salt caves, in the snow or to music. Men and children are also catered for with treatments tailored to their needs: special treatments «for men» (more sporty and tonic) in Aix-les-Bains or «little champions» massages in the «Ô des Cimes» mountain spas (CGH residences).
- Balineae by Rhône-Alpes, the Wellbeing brand of 15 thermal sparesorts: www.balineae.fr.
- The 16 hydrotherapy centres cater for the expectations of anyone anxious to maintain good health and everyone can enjoy the benefits of thermal water.
- The Bains de Saint-Gervais© allow visitors to let go and revitalise themselves like nowhere else in France. The Grand Spa des Alpes© in Brides-les-Bains offers «Slimming at Brides».
- List of thermal spa resorts Aix/ Allevard / Brides / Challes / Evian / Divonne / La Léchère / Montbrun / Montrond / Neyrac / Saint-Gervais / Saint-Laurent / Thonon / Uriage / Vals
Many cosmetic brands are made in the Rhone-Alpes region: Durance, Sanoflore, Cinq Mondes, Anakaé, Snö Bioflowers or Rose & Pepper®, the story of a flower and a spice, resonating in perfect harmony with the wine therapy offered with its Rosa Vinifera® range.
Young mothers, people with a weight problem, people who want to de-stress, those who wish to quit smoking, getting fitter, special accompanying package (relaxation treatment).
• Air: International airports: Lyon Saint Exupéry, Geneva- Cointrin, Grenoble-Isère. Other airports: Annecy (Haute- Savoie departement), Chambéry (Savoie departement)
Phone: +33 (0)4 26 73 31 73