Rendez-Vous in Rouen
Rouen, the home of Impressionism
Guardian of an eternal mystery that has always captivated painters, writers and travelers, Rouen has a remarkable heritage built across many centuries. Whether man-made or natural, the pieces of this heritage delight visitors all year round. The area under redevelopment is composed of an agglomeration of 71 communes, in the heart of which bloom gardens, abbeys, and museums, and the Seine, a major axis with gracefully winding curves.
Not to miss in Rouen
- The Gros-Horloge (A 16th-century archway on which is mounted a large, ornate Renaissance clock)
- Notre-Dame Cathedral
- The half-timbered houses and thoroughfares
- The antiques district
- Port activities and river tourism
- Notre Dame de Bonsecours
- The Manoir de Villers
- Museums: Fine Arts, Gros-Horloge, Museum of Natural History, Ceramics, Secq Tournelles Metalwork museum, Antiquities, National Museum of Education, Jeanne d'Arc, Flaubert, Flaubert Pavilion, Maritime and River, the Corneille museum, the FRAC, the Corderie Vallois
- Gothic churches (Saint-Ouen Abbey, Saint-Maclou, St. Patrick, St. Godard, St. Vivien)
- Unique attractions: the Saint-Maclou aster, the Bourgtheroulde hotel, and "la maison sublime" (the Rabbinic School of Rouen, a centuries-old Jewish monument)
- The Old Market Square and Church St. Joan of Arc
- Parliament of Normandy
- Parks, gardens and forests
- Valley of the Seine: the Abbey Road (St. Ouen in Rouen, Saint-Georges to Saint-Martin de Boscherville and St. Peter at Jumieges), the route of fruites, and the Elbeuf Circus Theater
- In the surrounding areas: Giverny, Etretat, Honfleur, Deauville.
Visit the city with the Pass "Rouen Seine Valley at liberty"
Many benefits in the form of discounts and free gifts.
Getting to Rouen
- Train station: 1h10 from Paris Saint-Lazare, 5 hours from Marseille on the Normandy-Méditérrannée TGV route and the Roissy - Strasbourg TGV route.
- Airports: Roissy-Charles de Gaulle (140 km), low-cost Beauvais (70 km), Rouen-Seine Valley (10 km)
- Highways: A13 (130 km from Paris), A28/A16 (210 km from Calais), A28 (260 km from Tours)