Rendez-vous in Rouen
Travel to Rouen, the historic capital of Normandy. This famous old French city dubbed “the city with a hundred bells chiming in the air,” opens its gates to you. Every hour of the day brings a procession of colors that constantly unveil a different city, making this old French city one of the most beautiful European cities
At the cathedral, you can see famous paintings by Claude Monet, the stone facade reflecting the colors of the sun, and the colorful stained-glass windows permeating with light. Tourists in France travel to visit this important French city of Rouen — the birthplace of Impressionism!
NOT TO BE MISSED
- Gros-Horloge clock
- Notre-Dame cathedral
- The timber-framed houses and pedestrian streets
- The antiques district
- Harbor activity and river tourism
- Museums: Fine Arts, Gros Horloge, Natural History, Ceramics, wrought-iron work at Ferronerie, Le Secq des Tournelles, Antiques, National Museum of Education, Joan of Arc, Flaubert, river and maritime museums
- Gothic churches (Saint-Ouen Abbey, Saint-Maclou, Saint-Patrice, Saint-Godard, Saint-Vivien)
- Unusual sites: Aître Saint-Maclou (plague cemetery), Hôtel de Bourgtheroulde, Salle des
Procureurs (prosecutors’ room)
- Surrounding region: the valley of the Seine and the Norman Abbeys, Giverny, Etretat.
“Rouen for the weekend“ - includes 3 days/2 nights for the price of 1, a special reception and a welcome gift at the Tourist Office. Many special offers in shops, restaurants, tourist sites and cultural activities are available all year round starting from €64 per person. Audio guides offered in 7 languages. “Advantage Club Tourisme en Ville” rate granted upon presentation
This summer, the square in front of the Cathedral will become a theatre of light. The facade will be transformed into an immense canvas, presenting a vibrant spectacle for young and old alike every day at nightfall.
- Train station: 1 hr 10 mins from Paris Saint- Lazare. TGV Normandie/Méditerranée Rouen-Marseille in 5 hours
- Airports: Roissy Charles de Gaulle (140 km) BEAUVAIS low-cost airlines (70 km) Rouen-Vallée de Seine (10 km)
- Motorways: A13, A28 (130 km from Paris) A28/A16 (210 km from Calais) A28, (260 km from Tours).
ROUEN TOURISME ET CONGRÈS NORMANDIE OFFICE DE TOURISME
25 place de la Cathédrale
76008 Rouen Cedex 1
Tel: +33 (0)2 32 08 32 40
Fax: +33 (0)2 32 08 32 44