Heritage Days in Rueil-Malmaison
On the 21st of October, 2011, the city of Rueil-Malmaison launched the "Imperial City" brand along with the cities of Saint-Cloud, Compiègne and Fontainebleau, historically linked with Napoleon Bonaparte as weel as the First and Second Empire.
During Heritage Days 2012 (on the 15th and 16th of September, 2012), Rueil-Malmaison proposes an exceptional event, retracing the 1st Empire period : civil and military reconstructions and animations, illuminations...
The event will take place on three different sites : Austerlitz Area (Bois-Préau park), Joséphine Area (Malmaison) and Bonaparte Area (town centre).
(Discover the whole program on Rueil-Malmaison website)
During the day :
- Austerlitz Area
- Processions, parades and military exercices, reconstruction of a camp with scenes of daily life of the soldiers…
- Joséphine Area
- Visit of the Château de Malmaison, entertainment, reconstructions of period scenes, historical events…
- Exhibition on Napoleon Bonaparte at the Atelier Grognard.
- Bonaparte Area
- Reconstruction of First Empire village : artisans, crafts of the period, games for children, jugglers, carriage rides, street entertainment…
- Historical show in the presence of Napoleon Bonaparte and Empress Josephine with a parade of the imperial cavalry and marching bands
In the evening :
- Evening walk in torch light with firework display
- Illumination of the city’s historic buldings
- Outdoor cinema
- Concert of military music