Celebrity Cruise: Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S., PUERTO RICO AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE U.S. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WITH INTERNET ACCESS AS OF THE START DATE.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sponsored by Atout France USA/The French Government Tourist Office ("ATOUT FRANCE") New York, NY and Celebrity Cruises.
2. To Enter: Complete and submit the “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” entry form found at http://us.rendezvousenfrance.com/en/minisite/win-cruise-france-celebrity... and celebritycruises.com from June 22, 2015 (“Start Date”), to July 31, 2015 (“End Date”). The winners will be drawn on or around July 31, 2015. Only one entry per person/e-mail address permitted. All entrants must have a valid e-mail address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be deemed to have been made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, will be awarded to the registered user, if eligible. ATOUT FRANCE reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
3. Eligibility: “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” is open to legal residents of the United States, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, with internet access as of the Start Date, except employees of ATOUT FRANCE, cooperating prize suppliers, if any, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, interactive and similar agencies, and the immediate families and household members of each.
4. Drawing: The winner will be selected via a random drawing on or around July 31, 2015. Only one prize awarded per person per e-mail address. Winner will be notified by mail or email promptly after the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize: There will be one (1) prize awarded consisting of:
PRIZE: 1 GRAND PRIZE for 2 persons including:
• 7 nights Celebrity Cruises Europe vacation departing from Barcelona (see details below*)
• 3 nights hotel stay in Paris, Hotel Napoleon
• Round-trip airfare with American Airlines (see details below**)
• Rail transfer between Paris and cruise port provided by Atout France
*One (7) seven – night Mediterranean cruise Celebrity Equinox for winner and guest, double occupancy oceanview stateroom (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3600). Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to substitute vacation package components at any time without prior notice. Official Winner and travel companion are each solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in these Official Rules, that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a prize. Such costs may include, but are not limited to all federal, state, local, or other government or quasi-governmental taxes and fees, fuel supplement charges, travel insurance, and items of a personal nature (i.e. shore excursions, passport fees, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, photographs, some entertainment, service fees, medical services, etc.). No guest under twenty-one (21) years of age will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by a person who is twenty-one (21) years or older. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all guests under the age of eighteen (18). Married couples who do not meet these age restrictions may, at Celebrity Cruises’ discretion, be permitted to sail. Except where prohibited by applicable law, Official Winner and travel companion will be required to sign a liability and publicity release and/or Declaration of Compliance prior to traveling. Official Winner and travel companion must sign Celebrity Cruises’ passenger ticket contract prior to being allowed to board the cruise. Prize may not be upgraded, and no substitutions by winner will be allowed. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. As specified in these Official Rules, Official Winner must be able to travel on dates specified above. Failure to use such prize on such dates will result in winner forfeiting this portion of the prize. Unused components of the prize have no redeemable cash value and no compensation will be made. Official Winner and guest are responsible for all travel documents (such as a passport and visa) required for travel. Sponsors are not responsible for flight postponement or cancellation. Winner and guest must travel at the same time on the same itinerary. Cruise prize issued in the form of a cruise certificate. Cruise redemption is based on stateroom availability at time of booking. Cruise provided subject to the terms and conditions in Celebrity Cruises’ guest ticket cruise contract, Complimentary Cruise Certificate, and applicable brochure
Blackout dates apply. Subject to availability. Non-transferable. Non-negotiable. Book at least 2 weeks prior to departure. Based on availability at time of reservation.
Winner and Guest are responsible for all taxes and for all travel and expenses not specifically included in the prize description. These include, but are not limited to: travel expenses from his/her home, dinners, lunches, drinks, and tickets to other attractions not included in the trip.
The prize is non-transferable and or redeemable for cash, goods or services and cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion. Booking will be made on space available basis of desired travel date and desired travel date must be before expiration date. Valid for one trip for the maximum number of days specified above and cannot be separated into multiple trips. Cancelation charges and other terms and conditions of travel will apply. No extensions will be granted beyond the expiration date. Sponsor is not responsible for any airfare penalties or differentials incurred by travelers due to purchase of tickets prior to confirmation of land stay. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize certificates. Proof of citizenship and country entry requirements are the traveler’s responsibility.
Promotion may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to capacity restrictions. Other restrictions apply, including brochure terms and cancellation/change fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Approximate Total Retail Value: $8,000. Taxes and all other expenses not expressly stated herein are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. ATOUT FRANCE makes no warranty with respect to any prize. ATOUT FRANCE will report value of prize as required by law. ATOUT FRANCE reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
** AMERICAN AIRLINES SWEEPSTAKES RULES
PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS.
AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATES: Grand Prize(s), consisting of Two (2) Roundtrip Coach Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or American Eagle® service from any city served by American Airlines or American Eagle® service in the 48 contiguous United States to Paris, France. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $480.00 (each). Total ARV of Travel Certificates: $960.00. Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence.
Winner(s) is/are are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Travel Certificates are valid one year from the date issued. Expiration date cannot be extended. If winner is unable to travel these dates, the prize will be forfeited. Travel Certificates may be used for air travel wholly on American Airlines or American Eagle® service. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel between 48 contiguous United States and Paris, France. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates do not include a $3.20 Federal Excise Tax which will be imposed on each flight segment in the passenger's ticketed itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Travel Certificates do not include Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary or the September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger,. For travel to/from Hawaii/Alaska, U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $14.00 round-trip applies. Travel Certificates for international travel do not include U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $28.20 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $240, depending on itinerary. These taxes and fees are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Taxes, fees, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g. valid passport, visa where applicable) at the time of departure from origin. American Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without the proper documentation. Other restrictions may apply. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest Winner’s home that is served by American Airlines or American Eagle® service. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of winner’s immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest’s parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. Winner and Winner’s guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice. American Airlines reserves the right to revise rules and conditions at any time without notice. See TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS below.
TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Procedures for requesting Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “TAC”) will be provided to organization or recipient. TACs have no value except when redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions listed below. TACs are not transferable or refundable.
2. TACs are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Main Cabin must be booked in “T” class. No open TACs are permitted. Embargoed dates may apply.
3. TACs cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment.
4. TACs must be issued by the American Airlines Ticket Redemption Center at 1-800-727-2142. Travel agencies cannot issue TACs.
5. Any applicable fees, taxes, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time the Ticket is issued. Taxes shall include all federal, state, local and foreign taxes of any kind, and whether assessed for winning or otherwise coming into receipt of the TACs, or in relation to use of the TACs.
6. If TACs are provided for fund-raising, the fund-raising activity cannot be conducted by or in connection with a 3rd party (including, but not limited to the offering of Travel Awards on public auction web sites); provided nothing herein shall prevent the use of a 3rd party administrative entity such as may be available to charitable organizations in the conduct of a promotion.
7. Minors who are recipients of TACs must be accompanied on all flights by a parent or guardian.
8. TACs are valid for travel only on American Airlines or American Eagle® service (collectively referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “American Airlines”). American Eagle® service is operated by Compass Airlines, LLC, Envoy Air Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Republic Airline Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc. or Trans States Airlines, LLC. Travel is not valid on flights operated under a code sharing agreement with other air carriers.
9. Travel must be via the most direct American Airlines routing. Unnecessary and circuitous routings, connecting points and/or segments are prohibited. Stopovers, except for the next connecting flight, are not permitted.
10. American Airlines is not responsible for, and will not pay, expenses associated with transportation on other carriers, ground transportation, excess baggage charges or overnight lodging, if required.
11. If American Airlines, for any reason, discontinues service to the selected destination before the travel date, the user must select an alternate American Airlines destination.
12. After a Ticket has been issued from a TAC, an administrative service charge of $100.00 will be assessed for any change requiring reticketing, such as a change of origin or destination. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
13. After a Ticket has been issued from a TAC, an administrative service charge of $25.00 will be assessed for any changes regarding a date or time. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
14. After a Ticket has been issued from a TAC, Customer must contact the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations prior to flight if they plan on canceling their ticketed reservation. In the event Customer fails to contact an American Airlines representative through the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations, the ticket will default to a No-Show, and an administrative service charge of $50.00 (Main Cabin) $75.00 (Business Class) or $100.00 (First Class) will be assessed to reinstate the reservation.
15. Unused TACs may be used at a later date (valid until travel expiration of this contract), subject to a ticket reissue fee. TACs that are not used by the expiration date of the contract will not be extended. Credit will not be given for unused TACs.
16. Lost or stolen TACs will not be replaced.
17. Passengers are not eligible for AAdvantage® mileage credit or any other promotional benefit that American may offer. AAdvantage® miles and/or stickers cannot be used to upgrade.
18. Purchased upgrades are permitted by paying the difference between the full fare for the authorized class of service and the next class of service. Paid upgrades are only allowed for next cabin. Two cabin upgrades will not be processed. Processing of purchased upgrades will be handled when redeeming certificate through our Ticket Redemption Center and may not be handled at airport ticket counters. Processing time is a minimum of 48 hours based on hours of operation of Ticket Redemption Center.
19. Domestic travel is subject to the American Airlines CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, as may be amended from time to time. International travel is regulated by the WARSAW CONVENTION, as amended, or the MONTREAL CONVENTION OF 1999, as applicable, and by applicable Tariffs. The Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs may be found on AA.Com.
6. Release of Liability: By entering the “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to these rules and the decisions of the ATOUT FRANCE, which shall be final. Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability, indemnity and publicity release and both must be returned within 14 days of notification or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. ATOUT FRANCE may use winner's names, likenesses and/or biographical information for promotional purposes (including posting first name and last initial on this web site) for no additional compensation, except where prohibited. Return of any prize or notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entries and entry information become the property of ATOUT FRANCE and none will be returned. Entrants agree that ATOUT FRANCE, its affiliated companies, representatives, agents or employees are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by the prizewinner against, any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in this “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of the prize. After the sweepstakes ends, all participants will receive an e-mail concerning information on the winner.
7. General: ATOUT FRANCE assumes no responsibility for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors/failures of any kind, delayed computer transmissions, network connections or damage to participants’ computers arising out of participation in this sweepstakes. ATOUT FRANCE reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes should virus, bug or other causes beyond sponsor's control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes. ATOUT FRANCE is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes or by any technical or human errors that may occur in the processing of the entries in the “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes. ATOUT FRANCE reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this “Celebrity Cruises American in Paris Sweepstakes” sweepstakes at any time and award prizes based upon votes received prior to date of the withdrawal. Void where prohibited taxed or restricted.
8. Winner: Prize winner will be posted on us.rendezvousenfrance.com and/or Facebook.com/franceguide after the prize is awarded. This offer may not be published elsewhere without the written permission of ATOUT FRANCE.