Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley: easy to reach, hard to leave!
A fabulous skiing for all!
• A snow sure destination, open from December to May with excellent snow coverage and springtime skiing conditions.
• A large variety of slopes for all levels! We know “Cham” as a famous spot for wide powder fields, fantastic vertical drops and tremendous off-piste skiing.
It is also the right place if you look for a ski cool, offering wide gentle slopes, areas of pastures and pine trees, leisure parks for children and beginners.
• A ski pass for 3 countries: with the “Mont Blanc Unlimited” in hand you can ski on the legendary Chamonix Valley (France), in Courmayeur (Italy) and also in Verbier (Switzerland). In addition to many other benefits, this pass also gives you access to visit our famous tourist sites.
• A great skiing with each day, amazing panoramas on the Mont-Blanc massif!
• A beautiful destination. Third most visited natural site in the world, the Mont-Blanc (4810m) is dominating a valley of extreme beauty. This spectacular setting of high needles, azure-blue séracs and immaculate white welcomes visitors from the world over. Come and enjoy our world-class excursions to discover the glaciers and the magical high-mountain universe.
• A paradise for non-skiers. Nordic-walking, dog-sledging, ice-climbing - ice-skating, snow-shoeing in the forest, tobogganing on the speed luge, shopping or cocooning in one of our spas after a day full of emotions and sensations… You don’t have to be a sports fanatic to enjoy Chamonix!
• An authentic alpine town. Open all year round Chamonix is a vibrant town with a thriving cultural scene, world-class sporting events and an amazing variety of activities. Fine restaurants, superb spas and attractive boutiques for shopping lovers! Whether you come for action or relaxation, the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley will meet your expectations.
Chamonix, crossroads of 3 countries
All paths lead to the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley. The Swiss border is merely 15 km away by the Col des Montets Mountain pass and Italy is only a half an hour away via the Mt Blanc tunnel. The days are gone when access to this glacial valley was an adventure reserved for the intrepid few prepared to make the journey on foot or in a horse-drawn carriage!
3 international airports for easy access to the valley
Just one hour drive from Geneva International Airport, with a wide range of options to get to Chamonix private or group transfer services). Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport is at two hours and Milan-Malpensa airport (Italy) only two hours and a half.
Early bookers - Special offer
The proximity with Geneva airport makes visiting Chamonix almost as easy as going for Sunday lunch with the in-laws! 25% OFF the lift pass rates if you book your stay before 2014 November 30th. (Offer valid outside school holidays)
Backstage ski resort discovery
Discover the ski area and the professionals that ensure its smooth running (snow-makers, ski patrolmen …), learn how a ski lift works or how to read a landscape and participate in a treasure hunt. Professionals who are passionate about their work will take you backstage for a different view of the resort. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Win a twilight ride in a snow groomer! Each week of the school vacations, play to win your seat to team up with one of our professional snow groomers for an exciting one-hour ride.
A unique and exciting insight into the world of these night workers!
Les Houches – Prarion lift
The Grands Montets
The favorite playground of skiers and free-riders from all over the world, will be equipped with some new installations.
A new 10-man gondola lift at the Grands Montets will revolutionize access to this exceptional domain
A new look for the middle station: no more queues on powder days!
New in the Snowpark: you can now be filmed and timed in the boarder Cross.
Business as usual from the first weekend of December subject to snow conditions.
Fun area "Ice legends"
More than just a ski outing! Visitors will be immersed in a universe where legendary stories, magic and cultural heritage collide. On Flégère site, a new original play area will be created for the legends of Chamonix to come to life. A time and place to share and discover…a world of entertainment for all the family!
The "Chibon" bread
Discover the fabrication of this organic bread and visit Gérard’s laboratory on Wednesday afternoons andget an inside look into how his bread is made. A local producers’ market will be organized directly at his farm. Local producers of vegetables, prepared meats (dried sausage, pâtés, terrines), cheeses … will titillate the visitors’ taste buds with their products. Gérard is cultivating cereals he uses on site for the fabrication of his Chibon bread that he sells at most of the markets throughout the Mont Blanc area. He‘s also raising a few calves and 2 or 3 dairy cows to feed. Gérard’s idea is completely in harmony with the project of conserving mountain agriculture and is consistent with the primary objective of developing local products.
Chamonix elected "alpine town of the year 2015"
This title commends an alpine town for its particular commitment to the implementation of the Alpine Convention and has been awarded by an international Jury since 1997. Chamonix is notably the first Alpine town to have put into place a Territorial Energy Climate Plan.
The principal concern of the Alpine Convention is to combine measures for the protection of the alpine region with a sustainable, trend-setting development of the regions themselves. During 2015, as "Alpine Town of the Year" Chamonix will pursue its efforts towards reducing energy consumption, to developing sustainable mobility, to enhancing cross-border cooperation with the Mont-Blanc Region.