New Web- and Mobile-based Guides to Traveling To, From, and Around CDG Airport
The Roissy-en-France Tourism Office is offering two new services to make traveling to, from, and around Paris’s Charles de Gaulle Airport easier than ever.
A new itineraries application
A very practical tool that allows the traveler to see, step by step, the different stages of the route between his arrival terminal at CDG and his final destination:
- How to get to your hotel from T1, T2, T3, or the TGV train
- All methods of transportation to Paris available from each terminal
- How to get to a show at Villepinte or at Bourget
- How to orient oneself within the airport
- How to get to nearby amusement parks
Orienting oneself in an airport is not always an easy task: CDG is vast, and the traveler is in an unfamiliar environment. To improve the traveler’s course and facilitate access to principal destinations, the Roissy Tourism Office has developed nearly 700 itineraries with photos and maps.
This tool is innovative in the detail of the information given for each itinerary. Routes from each terminal are illustrated with photos that can be enlarged and then printed or converted to PDF.
A new mobile site for the Roissy Tourism Office:
Why a mobile site?
- A mobile phone screen is much smaller than a computer screen, so information needs to be conveyed using a specific design to conform to smart phones.
- Above all, the mobile application of the Roissy Tourism Office aims to be practical and able to serve essential needs: choosing a hotel, making reservations at a restaurant, deciding what to do in Roissy-en-France during a layover…
Immediately adjacent to Charles de Gaulle airport (CDG), the town of Roissy-en-France is a true village of the Ile-de-France region, and its 23 hotels welcome nearly 1.5 million people each year. In other words, one in 40 passengers at CDG stays in Roissy.