From Bonifacio to Paris, Mathieu Gontier, aka Le Petit Matieu, shares his love for Corsican produce and its Mediterranean influences. His seasonal, family-friendly and hearty style of cuisine is making news, as is the eclectic lively atmosphere of his two restaurants. Follow him.
• Name: Mathieu Gontier, aka Le Petit Matieu
• Profession: Restaurateur in Bonifacio and Paris
• Educated at the École Ferrandi in Paris. And - in oenology - at the A Loghja Corsican deli in Paris
• Follow him because: he’s in all the trendy guides. But mostly because he has the talent of creating menus that make you want to try everything, and restaurants that make you want to come back
• Distinctive feature: he does only what pleases him, only in season, and only with young chefs straight out of college