Gardens and unique view of the Principality of Monaco
The August Trophy, also called Alpes Trophy, the only remaining example of such triumphal architecture, was erected in the 1st century BC to honour Augustus Caesar’s victories against the tribes of the Alpes. This structure has been restored thanks to an American patron and it towers above the old Via Julia Augusta and the whole of the French Riviera from Esterel to the Italian coast.
The monument features an exhibition of engravings, plaster cars, models, a video display and panoramic view.
Subject to modification.Open
- 19th May to 20th September: from 9.30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- 21st September to 18th May: from 10 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and from 2.30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- 1st January, 1st May, 1st November, 11th November and 25th December
- Number of steps during the tour: 100
- Park and museum accessible to people with reduced mobility
Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet (park and museum):
French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Reservations: 1 week
Duration: 30 min to 40 min
French, English, German, Italian
Film on the monument history (museum):
- Seating available during the tour and in park
- Gift shop
- Parking for coaches 150 m, difficult access for large coaches
- Function room rental
- Adults: 5,50 €
- Concessions: 4 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Extra charge: Audio-guide
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 4,50 €
- Between Menton and Cannes
- At 6 km from Monaco
06320 La Turbie
tel.: (33) (0)4 93 41 20 84
fax: (33) (0)4 93 41 26 89
Function room rental
tel.: (33) (0)4 93 16 59 17
fax: (33) (0)4 93 82 31 09