This summer, we know you can't be in France—so, we want to bring the best of it to you in the form of Facebook Live events! Wine tastings, French cocktail masterclasses, tours of the most beautiful châteaux and best-kept secret museums and galleries, all hosted by experts. Come get a taste of France in real time!
At the beginning of lockdown, France.fr rounded up our favorite ways for you to travel to France without leaving home. We've decided to take it a step farther and invite you on our own Facebook Live summer series! Hosted by a series of experts (sommeliers, museum guides, horticulture experts, and châteaux residents), tune in to prepare yourself for the next trip to France. Be sure to keep checking back—e'll keep updating the calendar as updates arrive!
Calendar of Lives:
- June 25, "Uncork Occitanie - Sud de France Wine Tasting ": Tune in to this wine tasting, hosted by experts Jamal Rayyis and Nicole Muscari of gand become an Occitan wine expert before your next trip to the South of France. Check out the full video of the live here .
- August 13, "Summer Armagnac cocktails- Facebook Live Masterclass ": Hailing from Gascony, a beautiful, verdant corner of southwest France known for its cheeses, its charcuterie, its foie gras, and, of course, its musketeers, Armagnac is one the world’s great spirits and an icon of French gastronomy. We're showing you how to make this traditional digéstif perfect for summer cocktails with spirits experts Jamal Rayyis and May Matta-Aliah.
- September 2, Burgundy Wine at Château Pommard : Come along and virtually taste this château's amazing wines as our host (wine influencer, WSET 3 certified, co-founder of the Chelsea Wine Society, contributor to the Vintner Project), Nicole Muscari, guides us through the world-class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vintages this vineyard offers. And, if you decide to taste for yourself, you can contact Nicole at email@example.com for more information.
- September 16, Inside the Tour de France : While (like most things this year) it looks a bit different, it's essence is still the same Tour de France the world adores. While most of us will never participate in the Tour itself, we love to live vicariously through the participants (and borrow some ideas for our own cycling tours of France!). We're welcoming Andy Levine, CEO of Duvine Travel and TV travel host Darley Newman to break down our favorite bits of the Tour and how to make your own ideal biking tour of France.
- September 23, Château de Chenonceau's Catherine de Medici Garden FB Live Tour . We're bringing you right into this magical garden with chief gardener Nicholas Tomlan. Nicholas will walk us through the many blooms and plants of the Catherine de Medici Garden and through history, as he explains the significance of the land to this amazing château.
- September 30, Château du Rivau.