Updates on the health situation and prevention measures to protect those in France will be announced daily by the minister in charge of public health. The embassies will relay this information on their sites. The info concerning metropolitan France can be found on the General French Consulate of New York site .
What are the healthcare measures put in place for the train stations, the airports, and the ports?
An informational poster has been put in place in all places germane to travelers, which underscore the suggested sanitary precautions to protect against the virus and the best practices to adopt in case of contamination. Possibly symptomatic patients will be met at the arrival airport and taken to the medical services on site. After which their case will be taken over by the national medical services (SAMU 15).
What are the best practices to follow to limit the spread of the virus?
There are several habits to prioritize your health and that of those around you:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue or the crook of your elbow
- Greet people without shaking hands and avoid hugs and kisses
- Use tissues once only
- Official information on the situation in France in real time can be found on the French government's website .
- From March 8 onwards, gatherings of over 1000 people which are not indispensible will be cancelled (concerts, matches, etc).
- The Paris Tourism Office will be updating a list of the cancelled or postponed events: https://en.parisinfo.com/practical-paris/info/guides/info-disruption-paris