Aussois in winter offers an alpine ski area of 55 km (~34 miles), situated between 1,500 m and 2,750 m (~4,920 ft to 9,022 ft) of altitude, and adapted to all levels.
The Monolithic cross-country area offers 30 km (~18.6 miles) of designated runs between Aussois and Sardières.
So that everyone can take full advantage of the snow, Aussois offers multiple services and activities: ski schools, kindergartens, day-care center, paragliding, dog sledding, snowboard cross, snowshoeing, via ferrata, tyroliennes (zip lining), snake gliss (group tobogganing), snow tubing, big air bag, evening skiing, torchlight descents, fireworks...
In summer, Aussois is the best departure point for family hikes, alpinism (moutain climbing), and for discovering the fauna and flora of the mountainside. But those aren't the only activities, there's something for everybody, including mountain biking, climbing, via ferrata, mountainboarding, air tubby (inflatable tube luge), bike parks, cycling, archery, miniature golf, fishing, canyoning, donkeys, hiking...
Aussois encourages to explore its heritage by visiting its numerous points of interest:
- L'Arche d'Oé (museum about the heritage of the village and its inhabitants)
- Parc Archéologique des Lozes (engravings)
- Forts de l'Esseillon, from the Piémont-Sardinian kingdom
- Church Notre-Dame de l'Assomption, chapels, crosses and oratories
- Four banal (old bread oven)
- Fountains and wash houses
Tourist Office - Maison d'Aussois
Tél. : +33(0)4 79 20 30 80