Le Grand-Bornand, located between Lake Annecy, Chamonix, and Geneva, is set in the heart of the Aravis foothills of the Alps. It boasts the best this region has to offer: the charm and soul of a mountain village with first-rate tourist facilities for both summer and winter activities.
The municipality encompasses two sites at two different altitudes: Le Grand-Bornand Village, at 1,000 metres (3,250 feet), is the starting point for cross-country ski trails against the backdrop of the majestic Aravis Mountains.
Six kilometres (four miles) further along, Le Grand-Bornand Chinaillon, at 1,300 metres (4,250 feet), is the main centre for downhill skiing. Its old village is still in an authentic state of preservation.
Le Grand-Bornand has forged its unity thanks to its residents’ attachment to their land and to dynamic agricultural activities, along with its local traditions and architectural heritage, enlivened by the many events organised throughout the year.
- Annecy-Meythet Airport : 35 km
- Lyon - Saint Exupéry Airport : 150 km
- Geneva international Airport : 50 km
- Annecy train station : 30 km
- By car : A 40 (Autoroute Blanche) ; exit N° 16 Bonneville, direction Stations des Aravis
- By car : A 41 exit Annecy Nord direction Thônes / Stations des Aravis
Main Tourist Office:
Maison du Tourisme
La Clusaz, 161 Place de l'Église,
Tel: 00 33 (0) 4 50 02 78 00