Atout France: What type of clientele do you accommodate in each one of your 3 ski resorts in the French Alps (family, millennial group of friends, couple looking for a romantic journey, sportsperson, elderly couple, luxury trip, etc.)?
Xavier Mufraggi: Club Med has 16 all-inclusive Ski Resorts in the French Alps and is affordable with lift tickets and ski/snowboarding lessons included in the price, making it on par or more affordable than an Aspen vacation. Whether travelers are seeking the world’s best ski domains, fun for the entire family, après ski relaxation or a romantic getaway, every Club Med Ski Resort has something for everyone. These Resorts especially cater to couples and families that want to reconnect with each other thanks to our professionally supervised Children’s Club with age-appropriate activities and amenities for all ages from tot to teen. Parents can ski or relax knowing their kids are having a great time or can be active and learn new sports together!
• Valmorel offers dozens of thrilling winter sports and activities perfect for intermediate skiers and families. A ski trip to Club Med Valmorel includes certified professional ski instructors, group snow sport lessons for all levels, advanced lessons for near-pros and professional gear to rent. For those seeking luxury and refinement, Valmorel’s 5T Le Lodge Luxury Suites and Chalet apartments have private amenities and special services including a personal chef, butler, special entertainment and more.
• Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe and has been named “World’s Best Ski Resort” for the past two years and caters to every desire including ski instruction for all levels, making it ideal for the sportsperson looking for a wide range of sports and unique adventures. This ski lodge is modern with innovative architecture and distinctive services providing guests with an upscale yet cozy atmosphere. The energy-packed range of sports combined with the young, modern landscape makes Val Thorens the perfect vacation for millennial groups of friends and families alike.
• Chamonix Mont-Blanc is a charming ski resort in a quaint storybook village with rustic Alpine architecture, cozy wood-paneled bars with live music, horse-drawn carriages, charming boutiques, and museums with fascinating collections of art and history perfect for couples looking for a romantic journey. Experienced skiers are sure to get a thrill from soaring down the snowy peaks of Grand Chamonix Ski Domain which is renowned for its panoramic views and 80 slopes. Chamonix is ideal for families with babies thanks to its low altitude and expert Children’s Clubs.
Atout France: Apart from skiing, what do the stations/resorts offer in terms of activities (shopping, well-being, spa, hiking, etc)?
• Children’s Clubs from age 4 months – 17 years
• Premium accommodation options (from glamour to rustic)
• Gourmet dining (internationally trained chefs serving authentic mountain specialties)
• Well-being – full-service designer spas, fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, gyms
• Sight-seeing the alps on excursions, charming towns
• Sport excursions – dog-sledding, tobogganing, snowmobile rides and group sledding
• Thrilling adventure sports – snow biking, bob-rafting or paragliding
• Easy travel with direct flights and transfers
• Evening activities: relaxed, cozy lounge bars, live entertainment and all-night parties
Atout France: What are your 3 favorite bars/ restaurants in the French Alps?
• Epicurious at Val Thorens: authentic and modern. Our Michelin-starred chef designed the menu and in the evening the menu includes extra special traditional dishes authentic to the region.
• Bar de la Tour at Valmorel: Perched in a tower above Club Med Valmorel and has a warm, cozy and amazing ambiance. Serves premium wines and spirits.
• Beliou LA fumee in Les Arc 1800: beautiful terrace with great food and great wine selection.
• L’aigle Blanc in Valmorel: small and low key but offers quality traditional cuisine. Located at the base of many cross country hiking and sledding trails.
• L’oxalys Valthorence: Restaurant of famous chef, Jean Sulpice. If you are lucky, he comes have a coffee with you by the fire after dinner!
Atout France: Can you list 3 magical places in the French Alps?
• Aiguilles du Midi Chamonix (Mont-Blanc Massif)
• The town of Lac D’Annecy
• Valley of Vanoise hiking, cross-country skiing, dog sledding, sleigh ballad/promenade
Atout France: Where would you go to have fun ‘’nights & days,’’ enjoying great sport infrastructures and nice places to hang out?
• Rafting on the Isere river
• Taking a stroll on the Isere path
• Road bike on the Little Saint Bernard Pass
• Visit the Beaufort farm
• Little chapel of Vernettes Peisey Vallandry Visit of Churches (Art Baroc).
•‘La Folie Douce’ after-skiing at Val d’Isere
For additional information, please contactSandra Rodriguez
Trade Support & Sales Coordinator