The Meuse – Argonne American Cemetery is the largest of the American World War One cemeteries and lies on land captured from German forces by the 5th and 32nd “Arrow” United States Infantry Divisions. A temporary cemetery was established here in mid-October of 1918. There are 14,246 American soldiers interred here, among which are 486 whose identity is unknown. There are 954 names recorded on the Tablets of the Missing in the loggias. Among the tablets are those with names of the missing of the American Expeditionary Forces’ Services of Supply, and the missing of operations in Northern Russia.
Open from 9 am to 5pm.
Phone: +33 (0)3 29 85 14 18.