Toulouse is a city of contrasts with an exceptional heritage that offers the visitor plenty of pleasant surprises such as mansions from the Renaissance period which was the golden age of the town. The city also hosts an amazing blend of brick and stone buildings and a rich collection of museums built within historical monuments or on former industrial sites. From place to place, along streets and monuments, “la ville rose” meets history and reveals all its charms. At night, the city enlightens and Toulouse takes on a new face: the facades, the monuments and the river become the main characters of Toulouse’s magical evenings.
Unique monuments and museums
- Capitole: this imposing building, which was completed in the 18th century, is home to both the Town Hall and the Capitole Theatre.
- Saint-Sernin Basilica: listed as a World Heritage Site (on the way of Saint James), this monument is considered one of the biggest romanesque basilicas in the West.
- Jacobins Monastic Ensemble: founded in the 13th and 14th centuries by the Dominican Order, this set of buildings is a jewel of meridional Gothic art.
- Canal du Midi : Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Canal du Midi runs from Toulouse to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Private mansions : during the Renaissance, the city, enriched by the woad trade, saw a blossoming of sumptuous homes. Later on, the classic era was to make a lasting mark on the mansions spread throughout the city.
- Cité de l’Espace and Airbus industry.
- A Set of Fine Museums : the Augustins fine arts muséum, the Natural History Museum, the Abattoirs Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art…
- Fête de la violette de Toulouse (violet celebration days) – February
- Toulouse into the ring (circus) - May
- ¡Río Loco! (world music festival) - June
- Les Siestes électroniques (electronic music) - June
- Tangopostale, Argentinean tango international festival - July
- Toulouse beaches - July-August
- Toulouse d’été (concerts) - July-August
- Piano at the Jacobins - September
- Le Printemps de Septembre (arts) – September/October
- Toulouse the Organs - October
- La Novela (arts et sciences festival) - October
- Jazz sur son 31 Toulouse jazz festival - October
- Christmas market - December
Toulouse way of life
Enjoying the Midi Toulousain means taking the time to live. Stroll through the bustling streets for a shopping trip, stroll through the market with its various flavours and colours or just linger at an outdoor café... Here, the atmosphere shows the personality of the southern people: authentic, friendly and popular. Toulouse also has a real knowledge when it comes to welcoming visitors and offering them good opportunities to gather around a table and to enjoy the local products (foie gras, fillet of duck, sausage, cassoulet of Toulouse, wines and cheeses...).
Book your stay
Make a reservation for your next stay in Toulouse. A discovery weekend along the Canal du Midi, a cultural heritage weekend, an exploration of “Cité de l'espace” theme park or a weekend only dedicated to relaxation and well being. Just pick one of these “à la carte week-ends” among our various stay proposals. It will be the perfect opportunity for you to enjoy a fortunate time while in Toulouse, a city renowned for its good way of life.
Contact & information
Toulouse tourist office
Donjon du Capitole - BP 38001
31080 Toulouse Cedex 6 - France
Tel. : 0892 180 180 (0,34 € incTax/Min)
From outside France:
Tel: +33 540 131 531