Once upon a time there was a heaven between Provence and Côte d’Azur. Nestled in the heart of an amphitheatre of wooded hills, it sloped gently down through a mosaic of farmland to the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean.
The Gulf of Saint-Tropez includes 12 communes located both on the coast and in the Maures Forest: Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer, Cavalaire-sur-Mer, La Croix Valmer, Ramatuelle, Saint-Tropez, Gassin, La Mole, Cogolin, Grimaud, La Garde-Freinet, Le Plan de la Tour and Sainte-Maxime.
Nature in the Maures Mountains
The Gulf of Sainte-Tropez evokes the beauty of the Maures Mountains: its geology, its fauna, and its flora all come together to make it an unforgettable destination for walks, bike riding, and horseback riding.
Three botanical gardens are just a cherry on top of the region's amazing nature activities.
Thirty-eight beaches, dreamlike capes and coves, ports, lighthouses, marinas, nautical relaxation activities, sailing on the calm waters and diving under the Cité Lacustre: these are just a few of the features that contribute to the region's unique seaside ambiance, all taking place under a warm and welcoming sun.
The region's history is reflected in its monuments - churches, chapels, oratories, forts, mills, megaliths, fountains, and museums - resonnating with its art and artisanry, its cultural centers, and celebrations of heritage.
The region is also full of flavor! How can you resist local products and specialties, fresh seafood, and the grands crus of its vineyards? There are so many things to see and taste at these authentic southern French markets.
Other Must-Sees in the Gulf of Saint-Tropez
- Luxury accomodations
- Spas and workout centers
- Golf and polo corses
- Fashion and brand boutiques
- Its beautiful cars
- Its renowned artists and art galleries
The region's culture is coated in a festive atmosphere, inherently linked to the Gulf's parties.
Restaurants, casinos, night clubs, concers, and festivals, all puncutated with regular fireworks shows, contribute to the celebration.
Exit A8 Marseille - Nice :
- Le Cannet-des-Maures : direction Saint-Tropez
- Le Muy : direction Sainte-Maxime
- Pugets-sur-Argens : direction Roquebrune-Les Issambres
- Gare TGV des Arcs (30km)
- Gare TGV de Fréjus Saint-Raphaël (35km)
- Gare TGV de Toulon (60km)
- Airport La Mole - Golfe de Saint-Tropez - Tel : +33(0)4 94 54 76 40
- Airport Toulon - Hyères (40km) - Tel : 0825 018 387
- International Airport Nice (80km) - Tel : 0820 423 333
- International Airport Marseille - Provence (130km) - Tel : +33(0)4 42 14 14 14